Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara..Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I know, I know!!

I am one of the very few people on earth, who didn't watch Zindagi na milegi dobara in its first week! But nevertheless, if you know me (and more importantly my lazyness), you should feel just too happy, that i kicked my lazy ass outside my home during vacation time to watch a movie!!

The best thing about the movie? - Javed Akhtar !!! Man, his poems were too fucking awesome! Specially the way they have been picturized in the movie - the ever so happy-go-lucky Farhan Akhtar drifting away in his thoughts and the poems being recited in the background! Awesomeness! Here is my fav piece from the movie - 

Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai

Jab jab dard ka baadal chaya
Jab ghum ka saya lehraya
Jab aansoo palkon tak aya
Jab yeh tanha dil ghabraya
Humne dil ko yeh samjhaya
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai
Duniya mein yunhi hota hai ...

Yeh jo gehre sannate hain
Waqt ne sabko hi baante hain
Thoda ghum hai sabka qissa
Thodi dhoop hai sabka hissa
Aankh teri bekaar hi nam hai
Har pal ek naya mausam hai
Kyun tu aise pal khota hai
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai...

Amazing stuff! Saala, aansu aa gaye meri aankhon me to ye kavita sunte hi ! :( :(

Best scene from the movie - Where all three guys are travelling in the car, and suddenly Abhay Deol says - Yaar iska fone bahar phenk do koi! And Wooops!! Farhan takes Hritik's blackberry and throws out! :D :D Pure Awesomeness!! I could so so so relate to the scene! I have done a similar thing in a spur of a moment! It wasn't someone's phone, but a bottle filled with dark brown colored liquid! :D :D


However, there were somethings terribly wrong with the movie!! Do you remember the scene where these guys are packing their clothes? Farhan was packing like guys pack! But what the hell was Hritik doing!! I can not believe that a guy, who is not gay, can pack a bag in such an organized manner! They don't make such men anymore! :P  Similarly, Hritik making all the bookings and shit in advance! Come on man, its a guys party! What's the fun if everything is planned! Sigh! :D :D

Reminds me, there was this tomato festival in the movie too! About 90% of my facebook friends have gone crazy about this festival! (Well the rest 10% are chicks, who have no interests in creating such a mess :P They all must be thinking about - itni gandagi saaf karne me kitna time lagega :D ) Trust me, the festival has nothing exciting about it, per se. Its just the semi-clad hot firangan chicks (and the idea of playing holi with them) that all my friends are interested in ;)

Shoot the same song, with all fat and ugly aunteejees playing holi with tomatos in any community park near my home. Trust me, even people from Spain will stop celebrating it from the next year! :D

Caution! - Guys, who are like really close friends with the daughters of family-friends -> Please beware!! You saw na how these clever girls trap poor and innocent guys from their family-friend circles? Abhay Deol just got lucky in the movie, that he got two such good friends who saved his life from marriage! There is no guarantee that you all will get saved too! ;) Rakhee baand ke behen bana lo sabko fatafat! Kya pata kab kaun gale pad jaaye! :D :D

Anyways, a really cool movie overall. If I had a starring system like all the loser movie reviewers, I would give  Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara  4 out of 5 stars!

PS: Panky has collected some of the best poems from the movie here . Do read all of them! 
Post a Comment